Goodtime Artisan Americana
Goodtime Banjo by Deering
Solid Maple neck, rim, and resonator in a Rich Brown finish
Made in America
Comes with McCabe's 3-year Warranty and Goodtime 6-year Warranty
The Goodtime Artisan Americana™ features a 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically. The Artisan version of the Goodtime Americana features a rich brown stain, planetary banjo tuners, and the Midnight Maple fingerboard.
Played with an old time style technique, the Goodtime Artisan Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11” banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will “cut” more. Since the combination of the Grand 12” rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. It is a never ending quest that Deering pursues every single day.
- Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
- Midnight Maple Fingerboard
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
- Goodtime Americana Logo Engraved On Peghead
- Planetary Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Peghead shape
- 12" 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 12″ Renaissance Medium Crown Head
- 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
- Nickel Plated Armrest
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation and round full bodied tone.
- G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
- Rim Diameter 12″
- Overall Instrument Length 37 3/4″
- Weight Approx. 5 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a 6 year warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
We ship all small items USPS Priority Mail. Larger items are shipped via UPS Ground.
Orders over $500 ship for FREE within the US!!!
If you would like an instrument under $500 shipped to you, please call (310)828-4497 to arrange shipping.
**Please note: Consignment, As-Is, and Final Sale items are not eligible for free shipping. We apologize for the inconvenience.