Taylor 517e Builder's Edition
517e Builder's Edition
Grand Pacific slope-shouldered Dreadnought body
Solid Torrified Sitka Spruce top
Solid Tropical Mahogany back & sides
w/free 3-year McCabe's warranty
Among the first generation of our Grand Pacific dreadnought guitars, the mahogany/torrefied spruce Builder’s Edition 517e dramatically expands the Taylor line’s sonic palette with a new flavor of acoustic tone that may surprise players who think they know the Taylor sound. An exciting new entry into the dreadnought category, this round-shoulder Grand Pacific resonates with a finely-honed balance of low-end power and clarity across the middle and upper registers, producing warm, rounded tone in which notes blend seamlessly together to create a seasoned sound. Back and sides of neo-tropical mahogany flavor the sound with dry, woody character, coupling beautifully with the dynamic response of the torrefied Sitka spruce top. The Builder’s Edition stamp means that the 517e is detailed with premium features designed to maximize player comfort, including chamfered body edges and a new compound-carve neck profile that compensates for the change in your hand position as you move along the neck. Subtly contoured fretboard edges and a rounded, ridgeless heel add to the guitar’s pleasing fretting-hand feel, while a refined bridge shape brings extra comfort to your pick hand. Under the hood, V-Class bracing enables the guitar to pump out stunning projection and sustain, plus nearly perfect intonation, which means you won’t have to contend with sour notes on the fretboard. And with our proprietary onboard ES2 electronics, the guitar’s many tonal virtues will shine for amplified applications. Between its sound and feel, the Builder’s Edition 517e once again raises the bar on the Taylor playing experience.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length: 20”
- Body Width: 16”
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Black Sapele/Maple
- Stain/Sunburst: Blackwood Stain Back/Sides/Neck, Natural Top
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Grained Ivoroid
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Grained Ivoroid
- Peghead Logo: Grained Ivoroid
- Bridge Pins: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Button: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
We ship all small items USPS Priority Mail. Larger items are shipped via UPS Ground.
Orders over $500 ship for FREE within the US!!!
If you would like an instrument under $500 shipped to you, please call (310)828-4497 to arrange shipping.
**Please note: Consignment, As-Is, and Final Sale items are not eligible for free shipping. We apologize for the inconvenience.